There are many great reasons to move to Modesto, California, and work there as well. The obvious plus of great weather is just one of them. Here are some more benefits of the area:
- The downtown has been revitalized. You’ll find a huge number of excellent restaurants there.
- Modesto is home to the longest continuously playing symphony orchestra west of the Mississippi River.
- There’s a repertory theatre company right in town.
- There is also a renovated art deco theater, which shows art films, revival films, and hosts live music performances.
- Several art galleries are present.
- Agriculture and related industries are booming. This makes it easy to find food production job openings Modesto California residents can count on.
- There’s a 100-year-old park that’s described as “beautiful.” It hosts outdoor music performances, too.
- It’s easy to continue your education thanks to the highly-rated Modesto City College, a 2-year institution.
- The city has plenty of trees and has been voted a “Tree City USA” for 30 years running.
Modesto is also known for having a strong car culture and was the setting of the movie American Graffiti. Its land is flat and its roads wide, so it’s fun to cruise around the area and easy to get some speed up. It is a couple hours’ drive from Modesto to San Francisco and San Jose, and a bit farther from Sacramento. This makes it so that the big cities are reachable without the need to take a vacation to get to them, but far enough away for Modesto to have its own unique culture.
When you move to Modesto, be sure to check out Stanislaus Food Products for jobs. They hire everyone from engineers to office clerks, so it shouldn’t be hard to find one and start making money in your new home.